Call for Candidate for the election of the VPH Institute Board of Trustees
Soon after the first General Assembly of the VPH Institute which will be held on September 28th, 2011 in Barcelona, it will take place the election of the members of the Board of Trustees: the President and two Financial Auditors. The call for candidates is now open: anyone who wishes to participate to the electoral round can send their candidature for the open positions.
The role of the Board of Trustees is to supervise the operations of the Board of Directors, ensuring that such operations do not get into conflict with the interests of the membership at large and does not violate the common law, the legal provisions and the provisions in the Articles of Association. For more information on the role of the Board of Trustees, please check the Article of the Associations:
The representatives of all member institutions in good standing elect the Board of Trustees from a list of candidates expressed by the General Members. The election will be done through a secret ballot submitted by email. The ballot will be sent to those with voting rights together with a short presentation of each candidate.
Every representative of an institution member of the VPH Institute can candidate him/herself to the role of Financial Auditor or to that of President. Candidates should express such intention by writing an email to the VPH Institute Manager, Mrs Martina Contin. The email should specify if the member is running for the role of President of for the role of Financial Auditor. The email should also include a short biography, one page maximum, which will be circulated with the ballots. Candidatures will be accepted until 24:00 on September 3th, 2011.
Only the official members of the VPH Institute will have to possibility to participate to the elections. Please make sure the institution you represent is duly registered to the VPH Institute. During the General Assembly there will be the formal ratification of the Institutions that applied for the General Membership and only the official members will have the right to candidate and to vote for the elections.
If your institution is not yet a member, please compile and send your application form, as soon as possible, but not later than the 27th of September 2011. You can download the application form from here:
Becoming a member does not involve any particular obligation for your institution. The Board of Directors agreed to waive membership fees for 2011, so becoming a member will cost you nothing, right now.
For more information:
- The Virtual Physiological Human Institute for Integrative Biomedical Research, in short VPH Institute, is an international non-profit organisation incorporated in Belgium, whose mission is to ensure that the Virtual Physiological Human is fully realised, universally adopted, and effectively used both in research and clinic. You can find a brief description of the Institute, including its mission and vision statements, here: https://www.biomedtown.org/vphinstitute/reception/whatis/
- The establishment of the VPH Institute is the result of a long and articulated public process, which involved the entire community. If you wish to know the detailed chronology of the Constitution process, check this link: https://www.biomedtown.org/vphinstitute/reception/constitution/
- If you are interested to know the current composition of the Board of Directors, click on this link: https://www.biomedtown.org/vphinstitute/reception/VPHI_BoD
- If you are not yet a member and you wish to have a better understanding of the benefits connected to the VPHI membership, click on this link: https://www.biomedtown.org/vphinstitute/reception/repository/documents/why_joining_the_VPH_Institute_v2.pdf
- If you wish to attend the VPH Institute General Assembly on September 28th, 2011, you can find all the necessary information at this link: https://www.biomedtown.org/biomed_town/vphinstitute/reception/VPHI_GA/